Friday 20 May 2016

Take It Make It Blog Challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!
The very talented Design Winner of our April 2016 challenge is

Jan McGregor

Jan won the challenge with this amazing tag! We loved the immaculate stamping, the wonderfully shaded colouring of the flowers contrasts so well with the textured appearance of the background!





We asked Jan a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?
A: I have been a stamper for many years. I started stamping after I found a small selection being sold at a craft fair back in 1987. I bought 3, wasn’t sure what I was going to do with them but I was soon hooked.  I still have them to this day.  As I can’t draw for toffee, stamps now feed my love to colour.

Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: My very favourite kind of stamps are floral, although I do like quirky too.  PaperArtsy JOFY stamps really appeal, but having said that I can’t resist the odd ‘cute’ one.
 
Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?
A: Well I seem to have two styles, clean and simple for cards and distress/inky for Tags but in a CAS kind of way!

Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: I have always enjoyed making cards, but I love creating tags as to me they are little works of art.

Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?
A: I had to really think about this but the one product I couldn’t be without is very good quality cardstock.  Be it stamping card or coloured cardstock, because without it there would be no creating!

We also asked Jan to show us a couple of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:


"This is a card I made when I was asked by Darcy at PaperArtsy to join them for July 2014 using some of their products. As you can see I used JOFY stamps, again I was out of my comfort zone, as I had to come up with something in my clean and simple style.  I was very proud to be asked to be featured on their blog" - Jan




"This is a picture I created using favourite JOFY stamps.  It’s the first time I did anything as large as this and I stamped and white embossed and then painted with distress inks took me nearly a week to finish but I was so pleased with it and glad I made the effort as it took me out of my ‘small is best’ comfort zone" -Jan


 
Congratulations on being our April Design Winner Jan , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!



Our current challenge 'Take A Stamp: Anything Goes is open until the 25th of May, so still time to enter! Don't forget the fabulous prize of the Designs By Georgina stencils and stamps!
  All the details can be found HERE.



 See you back here next Friday, where we will be announcing the winner of the May challenge... Good Luck!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jan! Your projects are spectacular! So happy to see this feature and to find your blog. I am in awe of your gorgeous floral designs! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pieces! Love them! Congratulations Jan!!!

    ReplyDelete