Thursday 27 November 2008

Where did you get that hat? (Part 3)

Sorry I've been a bad blogger this week - very busy making stuff for the magazine, which I can't show you yet. I've been playing with our Feb cover mount which has been designed by Dyan of Art from the Heart/Blonde Moments. Speaking of which, I am off to a retreat at Art from the Heart at the weekend. Am sooooooooo excited - if you've never been taught by Dyan you are missing a treat - the woman is a whirlwind of energy and sooooo funny! More news on my return.
Anyway, I did have time to make a really simple card using a photograph as a centrepiece. I’ve made this for my other half for Christmas, so I’ve used a little black for a more masculine colour-scheme.

Ingredients:
High Hopes Santa hat stamp
Fancy Pants alphabet stamps
Making Memories magnetic alphabet stamps
Hero Arts holly background stamp
White, red and silver card
Black glitter card
Silver Brilliance ink

1 Stamp a panel of white card with the holly stamp using silver ink. Heat set.
2 Cut out your photo and mat onto silver card, then black glitter card. Stamp, colour and cut out the Santa hat and add it to the photo. Add to stamped panel. Stick to a red card blank.
3 Using the masking technique, stamp the word ‘Paws’ so that the letters overlap. Stamp the word santa onto a scrap of red card. Die cut a star from black glitter card and stick the word santa on the top. Cut out the word ‘paws’ and stick below the matted photo.

That’s it! Very quick and simple.

See you soon,
Katy x

5 comments:

  1. Fab card and love the photo! I might have to 'borrow' the idea for my hubby but use a photo of our cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super cute!!

    kind regards,
    ying

    http://yingandrubberstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Katy this is just adorable!
    What a great card!

    ReplyDelete