Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Meet Joel

I've actually started my Christmas cards early this year (usually I start preparing around about Xmas Eve, so I'm allowed to be a little bit pleased with myself). I've been playing with this new stamp from the Toodles and Binks range, exclusive to Stamp Galaxy . His name's Joel and I’ve made a couple of cards with him to share with you. He’s painted with Twinkling H20’s with a little bit of glitter added for Christmassy sparkle. I coloured over his eyes with an Inkessential white pen and black Glaze pen to really bring them out.


On the red and green card: I’ve stamped the background paper with a swirl stamp (Basic Grey Winterland) in both red and gold to add a bit of depth. I layered my paper with a die cut scalloped circle which I embossed using Cuttlebug Divine Swirls folder, a strip of stripy paper and a length of lace. Before adding Joel to the card, I stamped the edge of the panel with the swirl stamp again as a finishing touch. The papers and greeting stamp are both from Papermania.





On the blue card: I masked Joel and stamped a circle background stamp (PaperArtsy Mini) over the top to look like snow. I left a void at the bottom where I added Snow Writer and glitter glue, inked over with Brilliance Ink to look a bit like a mound of snow. The ‘Let it Snow’ greeting stamp is by Autumn Leaves and the paper is Basic Grey Blitzen range. The snowflake is a Heidi Swapp ghost shape which is covered with blue glitter glue on the reverse. The little pebbles are called Zoomz ,also from Stamp Galaxy. These are a great value buy and make a lovely alternative to gemstones.


I hope you like them :0)

Thank you all for the warm welcome to blogland. Don't forget to leave a comment on yesterday's post for a chance to win some candy!

See you soon,
Katy x

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, and LOVE the new blog!

    Lousette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww,these are gorgeous,luv the lace on the 1st one :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and Joel is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it never ceases to amaze me how the same rubber stamp can be used to create 2 totally different cards, thanks for sharing these lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. isabelle norris5 November 2008 13:15

    awww, he's so cute !! love your cards, especially the blue one
    isa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards fabulous colours and images ,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are beautiful Katy and i love this stamp! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great reindeer name - he is adorable and the cards are great - love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see you blogging along with the rest of us Katy. Great cards . I love reindeer.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning cards....love the papers/colour themes...and the masking idea for the snowfall...I too have this stamp but have yet to play...hopefully tomorrow!! xx

    ReplyDelete