Sunday 23 November 2008

Advent Calendar / Jan sneak peek

I've made this advent calendar with our next cover mount stamp, which will be yours if you purchase the January issue of Craft Stamper! It's a poinsettia stamp designed for us by those wonderful folks at PaperArtsy.

I don't always get time to make something for myself, but I rather liked this advent calendar idea, which I found at the Bubbly Funk website - take a look at their tutorial for the instructions.

The whole thing is made of 24 matchboxes, a couple of squares of chipboard and the free stamp which has been stamped onto patterned paper and layered (I've used it stamped in gold on the white squares as a subtle background too).

My drawers are covered with strips of paper which has been tone-on-tone stamped and then punched with my beloved Threading Water punch (believe me - you NEED this punch!!!). I've also added wee loops of metallic red thread to each drawer to enable them to be opened easily.

Not only is it pretty, it can be reused year after year and I can put any treats I like into the drawers.

I lurve this poinsettia stamp - hope you do too!

Katy x

ETA - just filled this with sweeties - mini Cadbury's chocs are a perfect fit ;).

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Katy!!
    I've just got myself a load of matchstick boxes.. that advent calendar is just the cutest!!!

    Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a fantastic project. Must try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and how wierd - I jsut featured another ladies on Inspirational yesterday and this is the second one in two days I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this advent calender - must try and have a go.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowserws Katy
    That box is superb. I really must get my botty in gear and get making my advent calendar soon.
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this - I am off to check out the tut and hope I have enough time between 'what I have to do' and 'what I would like to do' to make one myself. It's gorgeous Katy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow- beautiful alternative to the traditional calendar... very good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I want one! Love this Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely calendar, I have recently finished one and have another on the go, only a few more days to get it finished though x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful project, can't wait till the new issue comes out.

    keep up the good work, loving all the books and altered art projects in the new look magazine.

    Billie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great little project this looks. Will look this one up when I get my hands on Jan issue..... I now need to go shopping for matchboxes, lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing the wonderful blog and such nice information. Hope to read more about your experience. Follow Stamps information

    ReplyDelete