Friday 15 June 2018

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile!

Hello!

Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!

The very talented Design Winner of our May 2018 challenge is

Jenny Martin

 From: 




Jenny won the challenge with this fabulous card!We loved the fabulous alcohol inked background, simply perfect as an ocean for the cute whale!





We asked Jenny a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)



Q: Do you think your stamping/mixed media style has changed since you began stamping? And if so, how?
A: Yes, thank goodness! My earlier cards had a lot more layers and usually incorporated patterned paper, ribbons and an embellishment or 2! Now I make more CAS cards and usually concentrate on a technique or media.



Q: Do you have a ‘go to’ technique that you love to use?

A: I go through phases, for instance I was addicted to Alcohol Inks for a few weeks, until my asthma flared up. Before that I was using Copics on most of my cards for a month or so and now Im back to watercolour, which is my favourite.

 

Q: Do you have a favourite colour combo?

A:Definitely blues and greens. That too has changed, because I used to use a lot of red, pinks and purples.



Q: Inks or paints? Or both?!

A:Both. I often use Zig Markers for watercolour as its so easy , but I love practising with real watercolour paints, such as Daniel Smiths. I recently did an online mixed media class and that was using Acrylic and Indian Inks and I found that lots of fun.



Q: Can you remember the first stamp you ever bought…. And do you still use it?

A:I have kept  my favourite wood block stamps and display them in a vintage glass fronted cabinet in my craft space.  I occasionally use them! I think my first was a butterfly from PSX.



We also asked Jenny to show us  favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:



"This is using one of my favourite Penny Black Stamps. I love making watercolour cards with their brushstroke stamps" - Jenny


"This was my first mixed media project on Ampersand Aquaboard as part of the online class. I was happy because I used colours that I normally would never put together, so I felt I learnt from this exercise" -Jenny

"This is one of my favourite Alcohol Ink cards" - Jenny


Congratulations on being our May Design Winner Jenny, and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Jenny...I am a big fan of her amazing creations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jenny! Loving your alcohol sea and adorable whale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge CONGRATS Jenny! Gorgeous cards and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jenny, your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo hoo! Congratulations, Jenny! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete