Friday 16 October 2015

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

                                                                       
Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!
The very talented Design Winner of our September 2015 challenge is

 Amanda Pink

Amanda won the challenge with this fabulous assemblage. We thought the textures and all the details were amazing.... We loved it!





We asked Amanda a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?
A: I first started using stamps in my crafting about 4 years ago now when I joined a local card making class.  I knew right away it was something I enjoyed, even more so when I started to discover the huge variety of stamps available and the many ways in which they can be used. The endless possibilities to what could be created using them appealed to me very much and I soon became hooked.

Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: With so many stamps available it’s hard to single out one kind over another. I guess I have found it’s handy to have a good all round mix of stamps in my collection. I LOVE quote and sentiment stamps especially when they are really meaningful.  I find texture, detail and background stamps indispensable as they can totally transform a creation.  Image stamps are a real must have too, and when choosing these I tend to go for more mature, arty, grungy, quirky images.

 
Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?
A: I’m not sure I really have a style as such as I  think in itself that can be limiting to the creative process,  but I guess on the whole my work does lean more to the messy , grungy side than the clean and simple .  Every now and again though I like to change it up and create more clean and simply. My more recent work has seen me use much more colour than I ever used to (even Pink – I don’t do Pink the names enough lol) and it really has been a refreshing change.

Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: I just love the whole creative process so enjoy making almost anything from cards and tags, to mixed media and altered art projects to art journaling (which I am just beginning to dabble with). As long as there are inks, paints, stamps, texture and techniques involved I’m happy. 

Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?
A:  Now that is a toughie as there are a few products I use pretty much all the time regardless of what I am making .  I have a real soft spot for Distress inks.  They are such a versatile product- I use them to stamp, to emboss and to blend, and I love how you can create some fabulous effects when you mix them with water. I think I would have to also sneak in glossy accents and / or cosmic shimmer too. Again I love their versatility, and when used as adhesives they definitely do the job.

We also asked Amanda to show us a few of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:


"This piece marks a very proud achievement  for me in the crafting world -my first ever Guest Design Spot so naturally it means a lot and I think it has to be one of my favourite pieces I’ve made to date . I feel it’s a good example of the kind of Art I love to create"
- Amanda





"I love using the classic monochrome colours of black, white and grey in my art – they are so effective   I love the simplicity of this tag. It’s also a good example of the delicate tonal colours that can be achieved when using Distress Inks to watercolour" - Amanda



"This little 3d bird home turned out just how I had hoped when I designed and created it .  Mr Crazy Bird always makes me smile, so seeing him happy in his new home made me happy"- Amanda

Congratulations on being our September Design Winner Amanda , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 
The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

Our current challenge 'Take A Technique: Ink Stitch Paint Collage Print Paper"" is still open for a couple of weeks! All the details can be found HERE.

October has an extra week in it, so see you back here next Friday for a special extra blog project, and on Friday October 30th for the announcement of the challenge Winners! 

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much to Trish and the DT for my unbelievable win ( I'm still pinching myself that its for real) and for todays feature .To know that my art is appreciated means alot and your can be sure you have made my heart incredibly happy .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat. Thanks for the lovely Q&A!
    I enjoyed learning more about you so much! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much die amelie for your lovely kind words . xx

      Delete
  3. It is wonderful to see Amanda being showcased here, she is a hugely talented lady - congratulations again Amanda!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne for your kind words - they mean alot my lovely dear friend xx

      Delete
  4. This is wonderful Amanda. Congratulations - wow. So loved your answers on the questions too. You always do such wonderful artwork. This is well deserved. YEAH!!!! High five. You go girl!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww! what a lovely comment Joi - thank you ever so xx

      Delete
  5. Yay, well done Amanda, congrats!!! All of your projects showcased here are stunning, - a well deserved win!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Amanda wonderful projects well deserved winners profile.
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big congratulations to you Amanda, this post in your honour is so well deserved. The winning project and all the samples you chose are all stunners!!!!!
    Cannot resist to pin them onto my Inspirational gallery made by others... Fabulous artwork, glad that you are showcased here!
    Big hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW Coco thank you my friend for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  8. Congratulations Amanda! You are so creative, these projects are just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you ever so Team Clark for you very kind words - so pleased you like my chosen projects xx

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much all you lovely ladies for taking the time to pop by to read my winners profile and chosen projects and to leave such wonderful , heart warming comments .It really is so kind of you all and I am really touched . x

    ReplyDelete