Friday 18 March 2011

Will these hands ne'er be clean?!

Here you see the aftermath of my wonderful Altered Book Journal weekend at Art from the Heart! Dyan was absolutely determined to convert me to the dark side, and while I am not sure I can do the really, really weird stuff I have to say I enjoyed the weekend immensely and have found myself tinkering with my book ever since. I really don't think I have a natural talent for this kind of thing, but I gave it a good go and I had a ball getting ridiculously messy!

If you've never been taught by Dyan then you really should put it on your 'things to do before I die' list. It's an experience you'll never forget, as fun as it is inspiring.

I hope to share some more of my journal when I have something in it completed!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it Katy.....Dyan is a fab lady !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully agree - a class with Dy is like nothing else you will ever experience - packed with tips and techniques to transfer to all areas of crafting her fabulous no nonsense teaching style is amazing. i love Dys classes and wish i could get there much more than I actually do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is a wild and weird art journaler inside you trying to break free!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, Can't wait to see how your journal turned out. Dyans classes can get messy but they are great.Glad you had a good time.
    BTW, antibacterial wipes work great getting off alot of the inks and paints, the kind you carry in a purse(always carry a pack with me to a workshop) Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I love getting inky fingered. Sometimes it can take days to get rid of the ink. I find myself explaining to people that my fingers aren't dirty, it's just the ink!

    I'd love to take one of Dyan's workshops, she's an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete