Friday 24 January 2020

Take It Make It Blog Challenge: Winner's Profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of last month's Take It Make It challenge!
The very talented winner of the December 2019 challenge is:


Sari Aavamäki



Sari won the challenge with this amazing project. The simple yet stunning colour scheme, the evocative subject and the amazing way the light has been captured ... it's wonderful!








We asked Sari a few questions about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Do you think your stamping/mixed media style has changed since you began stamping, and if so, how?


Yes, very much so, I started with Magnolia stamps and design papers, ribbons, bows etc very cute stuff. Nowadays my crafting is more “adult” – maybe because my girls are almost adult, there is no childish stimulation around anymore.
Even though my style is not really CAS, I’m moving in that direction more and more. I also like to make MM pieces and ATCs, which I didn’t make at first.



Do you have a ‘go to’ technique that you love to use?



I love to use different techniques, I think my “go to” things are my Copics and my Inktense pens. Always enjoy colouring with them.




Do you have a favourite colour combo?




Not really, my fav colour is blue but I find myself using lots of colours that do not exist in my wardrobe when I craft, for example pink.


Inks or paints? Or both?!



Inks, paints, pens, pencils, markers, waterbased, alcoholbased

Love them all and use them all, LOL.


Can you remember the first stamp you ever bought…. And do you still use it?


I think it was a dancing Magnolia stamp, and I think I don’t have it anymore in my stash.



We also asked Sari to share favourite stamped creations with us, and to tell us why she likes them so much. Here are the works of art she has chosen:







"A bookmark tag I made for my teenage daughter, who really likes the seagulls (for some reason). Images and sentiments are from a “Create a Smile” stamp set. The ribbon is a re-cycled bracelet.  I laminated the tag with my laminator that I got as my X-mas present. My daughter was very happy with the bookmark and that made me so much more happy with it" - Sari






"This cat card, it is SO CAS it’s totally out of my comfort zone, but I love how it turned out, just a cardbase, black ink and a Katzelkraft stamp, the sentiment is in Finnish and means: for a friend" - Sari



Congratulations on being our December Design Winner Sari, it was lovely to learn a little more about you!
Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, Are you into trading or just wish to give it a try, please becareful on the platform you choose to invest on and the manager you choose to manage your account because that’s where failure starts from be wise. After reading so much comment i had to give trading tips a try, I have to come to the conclusion that binary options pays massively but the masses has refused to show us the right way to earn That’s why I have to give trading tips the accolades because they have been so helpful to traders . For a free masterclass strategy kindly contact (paytondyian699@gmail.com) for a free masterclass strategy. He'll give you a free tutors on how you can earn and recover your losses in trading for free..

    ReplyDelete