Friday 15 November 2019

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of last month's Take It Make It challenge!
The very talented winner of the October 2019 challenge is:

Bonnie Klass


Bonnie won the challenge with this beautiful card. We loved the stunning bright pop of vibrant colour, the flowers are wonderful!






We asked Bonnie a few questions about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: Do you think your stamping/mixed media style has changed since you began stamping, and if so, how?
A: I've always loved the CAS (Clean and Simple) style of stamping, and I've pretty much stuck with that. When I started stamping I hadn't even heard of mixed media. It took me a while to warm up to it, but now i love tryting new techniques.

Q: Do you have a 'go to' technique that you love to use?
A: Watercolour is my favourite technique. I love to watercolour stamped images with different products depending on the stamp and my mood!

Q: Do you have a favourite colour combo?
A: That's a hard question! I like lots of colour combinations depending on the season. Right now I'm loving orange and brown.

Q: Inks or paints? Or both?
A: I definitely prefer inks. I can stamp and colour with them, I seldom use paints.

Q: Can you remember the first stamp you ever bought? And do you still use it?
A: I don't remeber the first ever stamp I bought, but the first ever stamp by Penny Black that I bought is still a favourite! I used it for the first project below.

We also asked Bonnie to share a few of her favourite stamped creations with us, and to tell us why she likes them so much. Here are the works of art she has chosen:




"This row of flowers always makes me feel happy. They are so easy to watercolour too!" -Bonnie


"Inking this flower with Distress markers gave a no line watercolour look. I loved the simple design with the coloured 'white space'" -Bonnie


"The background of this design was the result of an experiment using Brusho crystals. I dipped a stamp in the wet colour and stamped it over the splashes" -Bonnie 

Congratulations on being our October Design Winner Bonnie, it was lovely to learn a little more about you!
Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

12 comments:

  1. Always amazed with your talent/work, my friend! Incredible collection of cards. I can see why watercolouring is your favourite technique... such beautiful watercolouring every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning CAS creations and what a worthy winner....Always so inspirational and incredibly talented x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always Loved your CAS style and been inspired by your watercoloring. I still remember learning from you that...hey, you can watercolor die cut images with beautiful results:-) You so deserve this honor and it was so much fun reading your comments to the questions by Craft Magazine. Thank you so much for sharing, my dear sweet creative friend. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Bonnie, you deserve the to win with such a beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Bonnie! You are always an inspiration to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only just seen this and love all three cards which beautifully illustrate your style Bonnie, and love the interview too. Congratulations on this profile, so well deserved! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am one of Bonnie's biggest fans - love her work - so much class (no pun intended) and so much pizazz! Way to go Bonnie and congratulations!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to see Bonnie get the recognition she deserves! So talented, and such a sweet friend, too! Congratulations, Bonnie! and thank you, Craft Stamper!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely delighted to see Bonnie being honoured with this profile. I love her stylish designs and love the way she is always trying new techniques and styles :) Congratulations Bonnie! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to see your cards posted here Bonnie...well deserved honor my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win at Craft Stampers, Bonnie. So great to see your work profiled again. You are an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete