Friday 18 October 2019

Take It Make It Challenge: Winner's Profile!

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of last month's Take It Make It challenge!
The very talented winner of the September 2019 challenge is:

Milka Gubo


Milka won the challenge with this beautiful card. We loved the wonderful vintage feel of the colour scheme, with a modern image providing a beautiful contrast!









We asked Milka a few questions about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?
A:

I’ve been stamping for 5 years. In summer 2013, when I moved to another part of Croatia, I accidentally ran into a cardmaking challenge and discovered a whole new world to me! First I worked with digital images. My first physical stamps were actually prizes I won in challenges I played.


Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A:

My favourite kinds of stamps are cute and fun, but I also like elegant and flowery stamps and vintage style stamps.
My favourite stamp companies are: Clearly Besotted, Create a Smile, Gerda Steiner Designs, Jane’s Doodles, Lawn Fawn, Mama Elephant, My Favorite Things, Paper Smooches, Simon Says Stamp, Stamping Bella, Stampers Anonymous, Uniko, Your Next Stamp.


Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more 'clean and simple' kind of person?
A:

My style would be clean and simple, but I also like to step out of my comfort zone and create something “busy” or “messy”.


Q: What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A:

I like creating CAS (clean and simple) and interactive cards the most.


Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn't be without when you craft?
A:

I love to colour and I couldn’t craft without colours (coloured pencils or ink pads).



We also asked Milka to share a couple of her favourite stamped creations with us, and tell us why she likes them so much. Here is what she has chosen:





"Watercolouring is my favourite colouring technique, but I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and try something I've never tried before: no line colouring with coloured pencils on Kraft. I was more than satisfied with my no line colouring and will surely do it more in the future. On this card I used Jane’s Doodles stamps" - Milka








"I love creating CAS cards and interactive cards. Combining those two with rainbow colours is a winning design for me! On this card I used a sentiment stamp from Lawn Fawn" - Milka



Congratulations on being our September Design Winner Milka, it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

4 comments:

  1. So great to see Milka featured here. Congratulations, Milka!! Well-deserved win with that fabulous wedding card.....just beautiful. Nice to get better acquainted through your profile here. Have a great day!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Milka, loved reading more about you and your gorgeous cards, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a well-deserved win. Great getting to know you better. Beautiful cards you’ve shared.

    ReplyDelete