Friday 19 July 2019

Take It Make It Challenge: Winner's Profile!

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of last month's Take It Make It challenge!
The very talented winner of the June 2019 challenge is:

Gerrina Poncin


Gerrina won the challenge with this beautiful card. We loved the delicate colour scheme, and the image is wonderful!









We asked Gerrina a few questions about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?
A: This summer I have been stamping for 9 years. I started with making photo books when nobody called them scrapbooks! I used stencils and colours and a few word stamps. I was looking for more word/text stamps and found a world with so many beautiful stamps and so many ways to use them at an event and later at classes...that was it... I was hooked!


Q: What are your favourite kind of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: There are a lot of stamps I like, I’m not so much into cute stamps, but love stamps that let you build a scene or that you can use to create your own background. Favourite stamp companies are De Stempelwinkel, Crafty Individuals, Art Journey, Chocolate Baroque, STAMPlorations, Uniko, Crealies and VivaLasVegaStamps.


Q: Describe your style, are you a 'messy' kind of stamper or do you have more of a clean and simple style?
A: I am a bit of both; I love clean and simple and I love more messy styles/techniques. Just like my mood is or what a stamp ‘asks’, it varies.  I like to try new techniques and materials and like to mix these with what I already like to do and what materials I already have. Most of all I love to include water; colouring or dripping or splatters with ink, pencils, paint, on paper and canvas and more...


Q: What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: At the moment cards and Art Journals. And sometimes an Aquarel or Pastel painting.


Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn't be without when you craft?
A: Ink for stamping and colouring, but stencils are close; I use so many in so many ways!




We also asked Gerrina to share some of her favourite stamped creations with us, and tell us why she likes them so much. Here is what she has chosen:


It was hard to choose...

But I did, and these are the two that show how different I work;
1: Just an image stamp (Katzelkraft), a stencil (Istencils) and text for a CAS card in black and white.
2: A masked flamingo from Stampotique with a lot of colour, a few stencils, more stamps in the background and some drawing to highlight and shadow.



 



Congraulations on being our June Design Winner Gerrina, it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Gerrina ... great interview and fabulous signature creations that you chose! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous to see you there Gerrina!!! :D
    Well done my friend, and it is great to read more about you. I love your sample cards of your art here, they are perfect in both styles I really love them!!!
    Hugs, Corinne X

    ReplyDelete