Friday 21 June 2019

Take It Make It Challenge: Winner's Profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of last month's Take It Make It challenge!
The very talented winner of the May 2019 challenge is:

Karen Brown


Karen won the challenge with this beautiful card. We loved the fun and quirky giraffe image, such fabulous colours!







We asked Karen a few questions about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?
A: I started stamping about 2 ½ years ago.  I thought it would be fun to handcraft thank you notes for Christmas so I invited some family members over for an afternoon of cardmaking. My intention was to make a few thank you cards….but I never stopped stamping and creating! 


Q: What are your favourite kind of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: I purchase stamps that speak to me in some way.  I usually see a stamp set and just know I need it for my cardmaking.  I think animal stamps, especially dogs and giraffes, and floral stamps are my favorite.  I have stamps from a wide variety of big and small companies, but I would say my most used stamps come from Hero Arts, Altenew, Create-A-Smile and Sunny Studio


Q: Describe your style, are you a 'messy' kind of stamper or do you have more of a clean and simple style?
A: When I look at a collection of my cards I always feel I do not have a “look” or style of cardmaking.  I do like mixing things up, trying new techniques and using bright bold colors


Q: What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: I think I enjoy making scene cards the most.  I like to come up with the idea for a vignette and then bring it to life.


Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn't be without when you craft?
A: My Sweet Petunia Misti. I have the original size and the mini. For most projects, I like to know I can double stamp if I need to.




We also asked Karen to share some of her favourite stamped creations with us, and tell us why she likes them so much. Here is what she has chosen:



"My husband loves humorous cards with die-cut animals so I wanted to incorporate both into the Valentine I crafted for him.  I came up with the idea of two dogs trying to get together in a florist shop.  I love how one dog is peering out over the window sill as the other dog is using a crate to try and climb inside" - Karen 




 



"My husband and I enjoy “latte time” in our backyard so I came up with the idea of creating a little scene I call Coffee in the Garden.  I think my card captured that idyllic feeling." - Karen




Congraulations on being our May Design Winner Karen, it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Karen and good to find a little more about you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mac! I was so excited to discover my giraffe card was selected in May. :-)

      Delete
  2. La-la-la Latte time!!!! With Scout and Big Dog! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Karen! Beautiful cards. That giraffe card was a stunner. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card with the giraffe, Karen! I love it and you well deserved the Winner Spot! It was so nice to read a bit more of you and guess what? I felt very related to you in terms of crafting spirit!
    Warm regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete