Friday 19 April 2019

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of last month's Take It Make It challenge!
The very talented winner of the March 2019 challenge is:

Sharon Traynor


Sharon  won the challenge with this beautiful card. We loved how she very cleverly used a floral stamp as the basis for the dress image! The colours are just gorgeous, we think it's amazing!










We asked Sharon a few questions about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started? 
A: Eleven years ago I took a 6 month sabbatical from work. Whilst searching for something different to fill my 
time 
I spotted some handmade cards on the internet. Next day, a visit to the local craft shop saw me hauling paper 
pads, glues, toppers, peel-offs and card blanks home. I remember telling my husband “think of all the money 
we will save” (Ha, ha! I bet we all said that).  Anyway, within a month I had bought my first stamps and became 
hooked on stamping from that point.


Q: What are your favourite kind of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: I love a stamp that can be used in several ways, and if it is also a little different or quirky that is great. Clear 
stamps are brilliant for precise placement, small sized stamps work best with my CAS style, but I do like a 
floral or character too because they are so good to colour. My taste is pretty eclectic. My favourite company is 
Visible Image, because they are quirky and cool. I have quite a few Uniko Stamps, IndigoBlu, Chocolate 
Baroque and AlteNew stamps too.


Q: Describe your style, are you a 'messy' kind of stamper or do you have more of a clean and simple style?
A: I suppose I am somewhere in between really. CAS is my safety net now but you will occasionally see an 
inky creation from me. However, if you saw my craft room when I’m in mid-craft you would swear mine is an 
inky, grungy, messy style! I always make my best cards when I stick to the CAS style though. I’m still on a 
learning curve as I have only been trying the CAS genre for a couple of years.


Q: What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: Brightly coloured cards and One Layer Cards with oodles of white space. Yes, I am crazy! OLCs send 
most people shrieking for the hills, but I love them because they really challenge me, especially if I have 
to leave lots of clear space. Anything that involves learning a new technique or something that stretches 
me creatively gives me the most enjoyment but I think I am a collector of techniques; I should actually 
use them more often.


Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn't be without when you craft?
A: Can I just say I need my whole craft room? Seriously though, without paper and inks my stamps would 
be useless so it would have to be some paper and a selection of inks (mainly Distress products)




We also asked Sharon to share some of her favourite stamped creations with us, and tell us why she likes them so much. Here is what she has chosen:



"This particular card has a real soft spot in my heart because when I was making it I realised for the 
first time that one layer cards are not boring! They can have lots of interest and use lots of techniques. 
Here I used masking, faux layers, colouring and glossy accents" -Sharon





"I am proud of this tag because I absolutely adore working with bright colours and this project also 
shows off my inkier side. These distress ink colours have a great vibrancy when layered. I also love the 
dimension on this tag" -Sharon
 







Congraulations on being our March Design Winner Sharon, it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Sharon. I loved reading about you and admire your style! Your one layer card is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete