Thursday 20 December 2018

Take It Make It Challenge: Winner's Profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of last month's Take It Make It challenge!
The very talented winner of the November 2018 challenge is:

Maria Fischer


Maria won the challenge with this amazing card. We loved the bright, bold flower design, the colours just pop right off the page. Stunning!






We asked Maria a few questions about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started? 
A: I still laugh when I think about this. I bought a pad of patterned paper and a circle punch to make invitations 
for my hubby’s birthday. When I googled the paper brand, I found myself (hours later) lost in the internet world 
of stamps and inks and dies – oh my. That was ten years ago. I thought I’d scrapbook for my kids, but that didn’t 
happen. The 12x12 format overwhelmed me. When I discovered cards I found my niche.


Q: What are your favourite kind of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: I love clear stamps. I’m drawn to nature and graphic images and sentiment stamps. A few companies whose 
designs I really enjoy are Flora and Fauna, Essentials by Ellen and STAMPlorations.

Q: Describe your style, are you a 'messy' kind of stamper or do you have more of a clean and simple style?
A: My craft room (which is also my laundry room) is always a mess if that tells you anything. And I’ve learned all 
the tricks for covering up a smudge on a project – sequins, enamel dots, washi ;) As far as card design goes I 
tend more toward clean and simple.

Q: What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: Cards are my favorite. I really like to make cards so I can tailor my design to the recipient. I actually manage 
to send quite a few too! I also enjoy making sets of cards or tags as gifts. I’ve dabbled a bit in art journals and 
hope to do more next year.

Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn't be without when you craft?
A: My MISTI takes the pole position, my dispensing syringe for multi matte medium a close second and my 
Tweezer Bee and adhesive eraser vie for third.

We also asked Maria to share some of her favourite stamped creations with us, and tell us why she likes them so much. Here is what she has chosen:



"Artsy - Birthday Girl
I had such fun with the techniques – ink smooshing, emboss resist, random stamping. 
And washi is always good!" -Maria



"Clean - Oops
I love extreme CAS cards and love it when I manage to make a good one. I certainly did not intend this, but 
this punny belated birthday card even gives me a magical unicorn vibe! 
Can you see it?" -Maria


"Somewhere in between – Grateful
While we’re talking unicorns… actually it’s rainbows that I love and I loved designing with rainbow colors 
on this card" - Maria


Congraulations on being our November Design Winner Maria, it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

4 comments:

  1. Yay Maria! I always love your quirky, humorous style and your win is very well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Maria. I LOVE your winning beautifully Copics colored Stunning card. What a treat to be inspired by 3 of your favorite cards. All so different and creative. So fun reading your interview too. TFS and all the inspiration, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun reading your interview, Maria ... and enjoying again your selection of luscious cards ... it's the unexpected je ne sais quoi that always thrills me! Many congratulations on being featured ... and on your win! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous interview from a fabulous designer! LOVE your style, Maria!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete