Friday 16 November 2018

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of last month's Take It Make It challenge!
The very talented winner of the October 2018 challenge is:


Karen Dunbrook


Karen won the challenge with this beautiful card. We loved thedeep blues and purples of the background, the snowflakes sit perfectly on top! Gorgeous.






We asked Karen few questions about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: If money were no object, what would be on your craft stash wish list? Or do you have everything you need already?
A: If money were no object, I would have a dedicated craft room where I could organize all my supplies....and 
more stamps of course!

Q: Are you a silent crafter or do you need music to work to? If so, what is your crafting playlist?
A: I usually craft with the local radio station on. They play a variety of old and new music.

Q: Thinking about colours…. Do you have a particular colour ’block’? One that you struggle to use, or just plain hate?
A: I don’t think I have a colour block but I do have to force myself to step away from using my blues.

Q: If someone were to design a stamp especially for you, what would it look like? Or does that stamp already exist? If it does, what is it?! 
A:  Scratching my head on that question. I love the look of collage cards so I would have to say a collage style 
stamp that features a wild flower garden. I don’t know it that exists or not.

Q: Are you super speedy, or more of a take your time crafter? Quick projects or week long extravaganzas? 
A: I am not speedy but I have very limited time to craft with my job being very demanding as a Daycare Provider 
so I will start creating a card and often have to come back to work on it the next day. I find when I rush, it just 
doesn’t meet my expectations.

We also asked Karen to share some of her favourite stamped creations with us, and tell us why she likes them so much. Here is what she has chosen:



"I love creating collage style card and this one was fun. I tried to use a large variety of stamps that are sitting in 
my stash and added some of my favorite Distress Oxide inks over the stamping" - Karen



"One of my favourite technique I call is ‘acetate inking’ and this card features it well. I rub some DOX onto 
a sheet of acetate, spray with water and apply it to my cardstock. Love the effect and it is so easy 
to do and control" - Karen


Congraulations on being our October Design Winner Karen, it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Karen, your cards are amazing! Such a unique talent, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of your fabulous creations and always learn something when I pop into your blog. Your cards are always unique and very special and good to read a little more about you today. Congratulations on the well deserved win x

    ReplyDelete