Friday 19 October 2018

Take It Make it Challenge: Winner's Profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of last month's Take It Make It challenge!
The very talented winner of the September 2018 challenge is:

Jane Tyrrell


Jane won the challenge with this amazing card. We loved the way the atmospheric inked background complements the images perfectly! Completely stunning!





We asked Jane a few questions about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started? 
A: I started stamping over 25 years ago after watching a lady heat emboss a spider’s web stamp at a craft fair. I 
was captivated by the “magic” of embossing, bought the products and was hooked. My Mum also took me to 
lots of classes in the early days while my children were at school, on my day off from work. I learnt lots of the 
skills I still use every day. I still have my first wood mounted stamps, they are very treasured and even 
occasionally used.

Q: What are your favourite kind of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: My favourite stamps are quality clear ones as I like to “see” where I plan to stamp on a design. I 
like stamps that are a little bit different but not too quirky. I am still partial to using the odd cute
 one too. I also love using inspirational words on my work. My favourite stamp companies are
 Visible Image, STAMPlorations, Tim Holtz and Lavinia.

Q: Describe your style, are you a 'messy' kind of stamper or do you have more of a clean and simple style?
A: I am very influenced by the changing seasons and Mother Nature so my colour palette and 
designs vary according to the time of year. I use every style from clean and simple to full on, 
messy mixed media. I really enjoy experimenting as I craft and trying new ideas and styles.

Q: What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: As I am lucky enough to sell my cards in a local tearoom a lot of my favourite projects are 
cards. However, I enjoy making mixed media scrapbook pages for my real life (as opposed to 
my blog name) “Jane’s Journals”. In my journals I document, in art, special times in my life 
which I call my “moments”. I like to make travel journals after holidays because they hold so 
many treasured memories to look back at. I am also partial to creating seasonal tags. At the
 moment they are for family Halloween treat bags but I also make them at Christmas and 
Easter.

Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn't be without when you craft?
A: Tim Holtz’ Distress inks...I own every single colour and use them on everything I make.

We also asked Jane to share some of her favourite stamped creations with us, and tell us why she likes them so much. Here is what she has chosen:





"First up, Number 1 is a make from back in 2015. It’s an art journal “moment” I made featuring
 my little granddaughter on our annual Conker hunt" - Jane






"Number 2 is a recent make using the fun new alcohol ink lift off technique. I gave this card to 
my granddaughter on her first day of school last month. I thought the sentiment was so 
appropriate" - Jane



"Number 3 is a tag I made last autumn, you can see how influenced I am by the colours of the
 season" - Jane
 "Number 4 is a fun card I made using a photo of my brother and me as kids...don’t you just 
love the outfits" - Jane



"And lastly number 5 has to be a Christmas card as I am a real Mrs Christmas and adore 
everything about the season. I even have a countdown app on my phone!" - Jane


Congraulations on being our September Design Winner Jane, it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!


8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for choosing me as your October winner, I am so delighted. It really is such a thrill to be featured here. Crafty hugs, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation Jane! Your winning card is stunning and I love your five extra choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Jane, well deserved win! Lovely to read about her crafting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congratulations Jane on being chosen September’s winner and what lovely choices of samples you have chosen to show us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jane on being chosen for September's winner! Fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Couldn't happen for a nicer or better crafter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much ladies for your very kind comments xx

    ReplyDelete