Friday 16 March 2018

Take It Make It challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!

Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!

The very talented Design Winner of our February 2018 challenge is

Karen Dunbrook

 From: 




Karen won the challenge with this fabulous card!We loved the wonderful texture and depth in the background print, such a fabulous example of how a mixed media approach can still be used in CAS creations!




We asked Karen a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)



Q: Do you think your stamping/mixed media style has changed since you began stamping? And if so, how?
A: I still love the look of Clean and Simple cards but now I like to experiment more with adding colour using simple inking techniques, still keeping my cards more CAS.



Q: Do you have a ‘go to’ technique that you love to use?

A: I have lots of fun techniques I like to use but my go to one has to be the one I show on my blog that I call ‘Acetate Inking’.  It is easily done with a single piece of acetate, inks and a spray of water.

 

Q: Do you have a favourite colour combo?

A: Anyone who knows me will tell you how much I love to create using blue.  (I actually get teased when my cards have no blues on them!) I like to add greens and purples to the mix of blues.



Q: Inks or paints? Or both?!

A: I love my Distress inks/Oxides and can’t be without them.  Since they blend with water, I find them so easy and fun to create with.



Q: Can you remember the first stamp you ever bought…. And do you still use it?

A: I think one of the first stamp sets I bought was a Stampin' Up! set called Petal Prints.  It is a great flower set and I could get the look of watercolour using it.  I still have it in my stash.



We also asked Karen to show us  favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:





"My love of blue and playing with my Distress inks shines through on this card.  I love this Magenta stamp and find it is so easy to create a card using it" -Karen









"This card was inspired by this wonderful thistle stamp from a set by Art Journey.  Love it stamped against that unique background from Serendipity! -Karen



Congratulations on being our February Design Winner Karen, and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win Karen, so well deserved, loved finding out more about you and your amazing projects! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen is such a deserving winner, her work is awesome and the card that she won with is just amazing! Congratulations Karen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Karen! I love everything you create! Always beautiful colours, CAS, but lots of depth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so very much for featuring my cards and my profile on your blog...a real honor and very appreciated.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mixed media cards are always my favorites, Karen. I loved the cards you chose to share with us. It was also so much fun to read your interview profile:-) Congratulations on this wonderful honor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on this feature Karen. Your cards are always top notch and such an inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Karen! I have been following you for a few years now. I love your style, and your love of BLUE! (lol) Keep your inspiration coming! Beautiful cards. Smiles, Cindy

    ReplyDelete