Friday 20 October 2017

Take It Make It Blog Challenge: Winners Profile!

Hello!

Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!

The very talented Design Winner of our September 2017 challenge is

Bonnie Klass



Bonnie won the challenge with this beautiful card! We loved the gorgeous pigment powder background, a perfect colour combo for a snowy theme! Wonderful!



We asked Bonnie a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)



Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?

A: In 2007 I bought a card making book for our library and was fascinated.  That led me to card making magazines, then to stamps and I was hooked.


Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?

A: I love any stamp that is nature related: flowers, butterflies, birds…
Penny Black stamps are usually at the top of my list.

 

Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?

A: My style is pretty much clean and simple.  I like to add some texture and dimension and try new techniques.  But I try to keep my designs uncluttered.



Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?

A: I mostly make cards.  I love that I can send them to people and share the pleasure.



Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?

A: I use my MISTI a lot!  I don’t know how I ever got along without it!  My water brush brings up a close second.



We also asked Bonnie to show us  favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:




"I used my favourite tools on this card.  By placing this brushstroke stamp in my MISTI, I was able to stamp, move the ink with a water brush and stamp again to get details.  I kept adding ink here and there to the stamp until I got the shading I wanted" - Bonnie






"The colors and patterns of this alcohol ink piece was such a happy surprise!  It makes me think of a reflection in a pool with the butterfly hovering over it" - Bonnie



Congratulations on being our September Design Winner Bonnie, and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

11 comments:

  1. Bonnie's creations always inspire me and I am thrilled she is being showcased x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie's cards are always beautiful and she tries new things and shares the techniques. Great cardmaker and a wonderful blogger friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her cards are always fabulous. I loved reading this. Thank you. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie is so talented. Happy to see her showcased here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Bonnie,
    I congratulate such a great honor. I love your cards, they are all beautiful. This award is a tribute to your artistic work, Bonnie. I hope you have a great weekend :-))
    BożenA xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation and well deserved spotlight Bonnie, I love your CAS style and love seeing your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie's CAS style is so beautiful, all of the examples are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly picked a talented crafter when you chose Bonnie as your winner. She is so talented and I love her style. Love the cards she chose to highlight. Congratulations to you Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie's cards are always beautiful including this gorgeous snowflake and Brusho card, and the other two also show how talented she is at doing many different techniques. She certainly deserves to be showcased, and it is always great to learn a bit more about a fellow crafter. x

    ReplyDelete