Thursday 20 July 2017

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!

Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!

The very talented Design Winner of our June 2017 challenge is

Gerrittina van der Ziel



Gerrittina won the challenge with this beautiful card! We loved the elegant colour scheme, the wonderful images and the fabulous hints of texture in the background.






We asked Gerrittina a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)



Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?

A: As long as I can remember I have been handlettering; we didn't call it that, though. During my schoolyears all my agendas were full of it. After that I began making cards; at first 3D ones, but then I discovered stamping. That must be about 20 years ago. Later on I discovered the rubber plates. Thanks to Louise from Art Journey, whom I met at a hobby show, I am now hooked.


Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?

A:  I like all kinds of stamps; animals, flowers, people etc. I like the stamps of a lot of different stamp companies as Art Journey, Katzelkraft, Carabelle studio, Jofy from Paper Artsy, but also Penny Black's flower stamps. These are so nice to colour.

 

Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?

A: I like all kinds of styles. That's my problem: I can't choose. Sometimes I like to be messy and make colourful backgrounds, but I also like CAS cards; but why choose if you can do it all?



Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?

A: I am a cardmaker who loves to create a canvas or a booklet every now and then. I also like to make art journal pages.



Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?

A: Stamping without inks would be difficult of course, but at the moment I love my paints. Inks and paints, you can't make a great background without them as far as I am concerned.



We also asked Gerrittina to show us a favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes it so much. Here are the gorgeous pages she has chosen:



"I made a booklet in the Kate Crane style for a friend of mine. It was for her birthday. It's been a lot of work, but so much fun to do. I used the paints from Dylusions, stencils from Dutchdoobadoo, Jofy stamps, Stampotique and Dylusion stamps." - Gerrittina


Congratulations on being our June Design Winner Gerrittina , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice projects and good to know more about the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerrittina is so talented! It's lovely reading all about her - she certainly deserved to win! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the book pages, very bright & cheery. Great card for the win! congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. super wat leuk Gerrittina, je bent beroemd, prachtige kaart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wauw, ik ken 'n beroemdheid. Wrijft dat af op mij?
    Zonder gekheid; Je hebt dit dubbel en dwars verdiend hoor. Go Gerrittina go!

    gr.Yvonne

    ReplyDelete