Friday 17 March 2017

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile!

Hello!

Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!

The very talented Design Winner of our February 2017 challenge is

Amanda Southern



Amanda won the challenge with this amazing project. We thought the colours were just wonderful, and the stamping immaculate. Stunning work!







We asked Amanda a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)



Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?

A: I have been a stamper since I first started crafting in 2008, I got started with my then 5 year old niece wanting to make a card for her teacher and my mum had bought her a little set of rubber stamps and I had to have a go, the rest they say is history…..


Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?

A: I enjoy stamps that are a bit different and I especially love the stamps of Carabelle Studio, Stampotique and more recently Seth Apter

 

Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?

A: I love nothing more than getting up to my elbows in paints and inks and any other mediums I can get my hands on. I can end up looking like a piece of modern art myself! I can sometimes want to create something clean and simple with lots of white space however, so it all depends on what mood I’m in or how much time I have.



Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?

A: I make all sorts of projects from cards to wall art to 3D art. I do enjoy 3D makes but struggle to find time and can find that I have a project on the go for weeks. I love colour, the bolder the better sometimes, and I also love to get all grungy with paint and textures.



Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?

A: Black Archival ink pad, it is my go to ink pad and stamps brilliantly onto so many different surfaces.



We also asked Amanda to show us a couple of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:






"I love the image of the Carabelle Studio girl she is so fabulous to colour.  I love building up layers by masking and this background is a combination of 2 Carabelle stamps. I love working with bold colours, and this one uses so much colour" - Amanda


"Here is a wall hanging which uses a lot of paint and textures to create a much more grungier effect. I love how you can stamp words to add to your pieces to give it some meaning. I love word stamps!" - Amanda


Congratulations on being our January Design Winner Lula , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!



Our current challenge 'Take A Stamp -Anything Goes" is still open for a few more days! As March has 5 Fridays, you have a whole extra week to join in this month!
Don't forget the wonderful priz, the stamp set and stencil bundle from DaliArt!

  All the details can be found HERE.

6 comments:

  1. I so love Amanda's artwork. These are just WONDERFUL. Congrats to you!!! And thanks for such great eye candy Craftstamper. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is stunning Amanda, I just love the way you use colour!! Congratulations to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Amanda. Great to get to know you a bit better. And thank you for the mention :-)

    ReplyDelete