Friday 20 January 2017

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!

Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!

The very talented Design Winner of our December 2016 challenge is

Amanda Pink



A HUGE congratulations to Amanda... our first ever double winner!
We loved the amazing textures in the canvas, a wonderful wintery effect!







We asked Amanda a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)
As Amanda has already answered our usual questions, we changed things up a little this month!



Q: Do you think your stamping/mixed media style has changed since you began stamping, and if so, how?

A: I’m not so sure my style has changed as I still love to create grungy , vintage , arty type projects in the main but I do think it has evolved over time and will hopefully continue to do so as I gather even more experience , experimentation and knowledge . The creative journey is one enthralling ride!


Q: Do you have a ‘go to’ technique that you love to use?

A:  I love trying out any technique but I guess if I had to choose a ‘go to’ it would be Tim Holtz wrinkle free distress technique or maybe a crackle technique.

 

Q: Do you have a favourite colour combo?

A: Now that changes all the time as I discover and try out new combinations of colour.  I’m always happy to be working in any shade of blue and I have a lot of love for the classic monochrome combo – black, white and grey/ silver.



Q: Inks or paints? Or both?!

A: Both for sure. A crafter can never have enough of either, right?



Q: Can you remember the first stamp you ever bought…. And do you still use it?

A: That would be a wood mounted stamp -‘Spikey’ by Stampotique.  I  knew little about the popularity of the brand at the time ,  just loved Spikeys funky look.  She used to see the ink regularly (before my blogging days) but  I have to admit I have neglected her of late . I’m sure though she will make a ‘comeback’ appearance soon.



We also asked Amanda to show us a few of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:




"I love this tag as I used one of my favourite stamps ,techniques and colours  to create what is for me a very emotive tag – the kind of art I love to create" - Amanda



"I’m a big fan of Tim Holtz and I used alot of his products and techniques creating this Christmas panel which when displayed adds a real warmth to my home every Christmas" - Amanda 



"I love the pastel tones of this canvas and how the gorgeous butterfly (another one of my fave stamps) takes centre stage " - Amanda



Congratulations on being our December Design Winner Amanda , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!



Our current challenge 'Take A Stamp: Anything Goes' is open until January 25th, so still lots of time to enter! Don't forget the fabulous prize, the wonderful sheet of RubberDance house stamps!

  All the details can be found HERE.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much to everyone at Craft Stamper for choosing my canvas as the Challenge blog winner and thanks too for the profile feature and your lovely kind words . I am super thrilled and incredibly humbled . It means the world to know my art is appreciated.
    Have a lovely weekend everyone x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Congratulations Amanda ! Wonderful art work !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Your winning entry is amazing and it was fun to read more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not at all surprised to see Amanda winning again! Amanda's winning project is fabulous, but then, so is all of her work! Congratulations Amanda! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank so much Anne Such a lovely thing to say . Much appreciated x

      Delete
  5. Great choice! FABulous artwork Amanda. YUMMY in every way! Xj.

    ReplyDelete