Friday 19 February 2016

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!
The very talented Design Winner of our January 2016 challenge is


Susanne won the challenge with this amazing project! We loved how the dragonfly was layered so beautifully, and the bright pops of colour on the neutral background are just fabulous!





We asked Susanne a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?
A: I started stamping four years ago, just because I wanted to create some polymer clay jewellery. It didn't take much time until I recognized, that I also can use stamps on paper. I had been painting with acrylics for more than 15 years and I started to combine different techniques and mediums. So my passion for mixed media grew fast.

Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: I love rubber stamps and good quality clear stamps. Whenever I'm searching for stamps my eyes keep a closer look at butterfly and bird images. My favourite companies are Visible Image Stamps, Rubber Dance Stamps, Viva Las VegaStamps! and Designs by Ryn.
 
Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?
A: I love adding colours, texture and layers. I am definitely on the messy side. But I really love clean and simple creations, too. So I try to improve my CAS skills regularly.

Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A:  I am a mixed media girl! I like to use different mediums and to experiment with them. I always try out new techniques. My projects are normally not overloaded with embellishments.

Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?
A: Gesso. I use it every day.

We also asked Susanne to show us a favourite stamped creation,  and share why she likes it so much. Here is the gorgeous project she has chosen:




"I like to share an art journal page, I created with Rubber Dance stamps. In any of my projects I try to express my feelings or a special mood. This spread brings it to the point, and in addition to the statement I used one of my favourite colour combinations!" - Susanne


Congratulations on being our January Design Winner Susanne , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!



Our current challenge 'Take A Technique' : Text Me! is open until next Wednesday, so still time to enter!
  All the details can be found HERE.

 See you back here next Friday
for the announcement of the February challenge Winners! 

8 comments:

  1. What a cool piece! Congrats again Susanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Susanne! Both you and your art are inspirations to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Susanne! Both you and your art are inspirations to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so fun to see another project by Susanne and read some of her thoughts.... well deserved win - love both creations. j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Susanne! I loved reading about what you love to do!

    ReplyDelete