In our Stamping Contrasts article this month (September 2014, p.20-23) our designers got to experiment with these cute, chunky Carved Houses stamps from Darkroom Door. Here Rachel Greig, one of the owners of Darkroom Door, shows us another example of how these versatile stamps can be used! Don't forget to enter our Facebook competition where you could win a set of these fantastic stamps for yourself!
Sunshine Street Card
By Rachel Greig
Rubber Stamps: Darkroom Door – Carved Houses (DDRS130); Alphabet Medley (DDRS026); Simply Circles (DDRS071); Sunshine Background (DDBS033); Dots Background (DDBS004); Brick Wall Background (DDBS034). Inks: Archival Ink – Jet Black, Chrome Yellow, Aquamarine, Vermillion, Sienna, Viridian. Other: White and yellow cardstock; foam adhesive; double sided adhesive; Sizzix Dies – Tattered Banners #657179; EK Success Scallop Circle Punch
1. Stamp two different sized Darkroom Door Carved Houses using Viridian and Aquamarine ink pads onto white cardstock. Stamp the house rooftops a second time onto white cardstock using Vermillion and Sienna ink pads.
2. Ink up a Carved House using Vermillion and using the ‘kissing’ stamp technique, press a clean Darkroom Door Dots Background stamp onto the inked stamp. Stamp the house onto white cardstock and you will see the faint dots pattern show up on the stamped house. Repeat this technique on a different house using Sienna ink pad and 'kissing' the house stamp with the Darkroom Door Brick Wall background stamp to create the look of a brick home. Trim all houses and contrasting rooftops with scissors.
3. Stamp the Darkroom Door Sunshine Background onto 13.5cm x 9.5cm light yellow cardstock using Chrome Yellow Archival Ink pad. Adhere to white cardstock and onto a folded yellow card.
4. Assemble the stamped houses onto the bottom of the stamped Sunshine Background. Adhere the houses using double sided adhesive and the rooftops with 3D foam adhesive.
5. Stamp a small circle from Darkroom Door Simply Circles stamp set onto white cardstock using Chrome Yellow Archival Ink. Punch out using a scallop punch. Adhere to centre of sun ray with 3D foam adhesive.
6. Die cut a tattered label using white cardstock. Stamp ‘Sunshine Street’ using Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley stamps and Jet Black Archival Ink. Adhere to top of the card.